Founded in 1954 by two educators, Camp Kinneret is a loving community rooted in child development. Choosing Camp Kinneret means that, as a parent, you know that a caring team of child-development professionals will be investing in your child. We’ll be taking the time to know them, welcoming your camper by name, and ensuring that they are connecting with the other campers and the staff. All without the distractions of modern technology.
No cell phones.
Old-fashioned fun where children develop social skills, practice critical thinking, share a community mindset, and learn to persevere when things get hard.
The things we do at Camp Kinneret aren’t new (we’ve been doing them since 1954!), but they have new meaning in today’s technological world. We believe that children need more time developing the social and emotional skills that form the core of every happy, healthy adult. That’s why we spend so much time and energy finding, interviewing, training, and supporting our staff members each summer. We know the value of a dedicated staff who will invest in your child’s growth and well-being. We also select an experienced Leadership Team to partner with parents and ensure that we are actively working with each and every child to help them to grow into the best version of themselves. We are parental in our approach – looking for untied shoes, prioritizing sunscreen and water, and watching for small cues that may indicate that some extra attention would help.
Camp Kinneret Is…
- A place where creativity and expression are encouraged
- A program in which teamwork and social interaction are the basics
- A community where the courage to try is celebrated and the desire to succeed is supported
- An opportunity for children to grow through accomplishment and respect
Camp Kinneret is an experience that words cannot adequately describe. Our focus on relationships and providing children with opportunities to learn, grow and discover themselves is at the heart of the Camp Kinneret philosophy. Our attitude and approach to everything we do at camp focuses on creating a warm, welcoming environment in which kids can be themselves without fear of judgment and in which each child belongs. Our child centered philosophy creates a supportive atmosphere where campers develop skills and values to last a lifetime. We call it a child-centered program, the campers call it the best summer ever!
At Camp Kinneret, We Believe In:
- Building better people.
- Teaching skills for life.
- Facilitating growth.
- Noticing and embracing everyday lessons.
- Fostering a supportive community.
- Practicing our Kinneret Roots.*
- Encouraging independent voices in campers and staff.
- Nurturing self-expression, imagination, and creativity.
- Demonstrating honesty and integrity at our core.
- Returning campers in better shape than when they arrived.
- Maintaining an inclusive and diverse camp population.
- Enjoying time outdoors and in nature.
- Appreciating social interactions away from technology.
- Having fun!
*Throughout our website you’ll see mentions of our Kinneret Roots. The Kinneret Roots are the five categories of life skills that we strive to nurture through our program: Independence, Teamwork, Creativity, Friendship, and Community.