Camp is Starting Soon!
As we approach the start of camp, we know that you will have many questions. You will receive a pre-camp information booklet prior to camp to help you prepare. It will have all the information below and much more!
What to send and wear to camp each day
- Lunch in a bag (please NO lunch boxes or coolers) labeled with your camper’s name (we provide milk and water). Each camper will receive a reusable Camp Kinneret lunch bag on their first day of camp! Lunches are refrigerated until lunch time.
- A bathing suit and towel in a backpack or other non-paper bag.
- Wear sneakers (no sandals, Crocs, Keen sandals, sport sandals, or any other shoe that has open toes, heels, or sides) and clothes that can get dirty!
- For younger campers we suggest packing an extra pair of underwear, socks and shorts in a zip lock bag (labeled with their name) to be kept in their bag throughout the summer just in case!
- For a list of things your camper should not bring to camp, please make sure to read the full pre-camp information packet!
Completing your Camper Health & Information Form
Every camper is required to have an updated Health & Information Form on file before they can attend camp and prior to each summer they attend. We’ll mail you a flyer with instructions in the spring. The form is typically available beginning in March, and can be found here.
Nervous about the first day on the bus? Mark your calendar to come meet your bus staff!
On the Saturday morning prior to Session One (June 16th), you will have the opportunity to visit your bus stop and meet your bus staff. Click here to find out when your bus staff will be visiting your stop!
Answers to a few commonly asked grouping questions
We intentionally don’t make final decisions on which counselor will work with which group until the week prior to camp. Why? We take advantage of our Staff Orientation week to really get to know our staff. That way we can match each counselor with the group that will best fit their strengths, skills, and personality.
Rest assured that your child has been grouped with their first friend request as long as both families applied prior to May 1 (and unless we have notified you otherwise). For families who apply after May 1, we do our utmost to consider first friend requests but as summer approaches certain groups may have filled to capacity.
Beyond the first friend request, we cannot say with certainty who else will be in your child’s group until camp begins because as new applications come in we are constantly filling and rearranging groups. Every group is a carefully constructed puzzle, and we only have so many spaces for each day combination in each group.
Do you have transportation, scheduling, or camp day questions or concerns?
Please contact us now so we can talk through your concerns and answer your questions!