Owl Program (Grades 3-4)
Owl program campers continue to gain more independence while navigating ever changing social dynamics. They are encouraged to try new things, and new activities are introduced at each grade-level. Campers experience creative play, compromise, friendship, and sharing within a group of their peers.
Like all age groups, Owl program campers will enjoy
- Six rotating activity periods each day, plus lunch, swim, and juice bars!
- A unique group theme created by their group, leading to special adventures.
- Activities like archery, arts & crafts, field sports and games, gaga, hiking, initiatives (team building activities), nature & ecology, playground sports & games (basketball, handball, tetherball, volleyball, etc.), performing arts, and swim!
- Plus the age-specific activities listed below.
- Practicing the Kinneret Roots: Independence, Teamwork, Creativity, Friendship, and Community.
Important things to know about the Quail program
- Owl program campers are grouped by grade-level (entering 3rd or 4th grade in the fall).
- Owl program groups are gender-inclusive. However, if there is an imbalance of genders in a certain age, we may create single-gender groups, as needed.
- Owl program groups have 12 – 15 campers attending each day.
- Additional age-appropriate activities include building blocks, miniature golf, paddle boats, rock climbing, group choice periods, sidewalk chalk and wilderness play.
- 3rd graders also participate in wilderness play.
- 4th graders also participate in gardening and high ropes course.
- Owl program counselors are strong role models and balance their silliness with guidance as campers continue to grow and explore the world around them.
Sample Daily Schedule for an Owl program Group
|9:35am||Good Morning Mountain (morning assembly)|
|9:50am||Miniature Golf (and morning snack for first graders)
|12:15pm||Nature & Ecology|
|2:55pm||Friendship Hill (end of day assembly)|
|3:20pm||Dismissal to Buses|
Remember, all activities other than lunch, swim, juice bars, and assemblies will be different each day.