Getting to Camp
Riding a bus to camp summer 2021
Your child’s camp experience begins the moment they step on to the bus. With that in mind, here’s some information about our bus transportation for 2021…
- While we typically pick up at more than 25 different conveniently located neighborhood meeting points, this summer, the exact number and location of bus stops will be determined by enrollment. Stops in 2021 may be located in Calabasas, Encino, Hidden Hills, Newbury Park, Moorpark, Sherman Oaks, Simi Valley, Studio City, Tarzana, Thousand Oaks, West Hills, and Woodland Hills.
- We use the professional bus services of Mission School Transportation. All buses are driven by professional school bus drivers and are equipped with seat belts and air conditioning.
- The bus ride is fun! Our bus ride includes singing, bus decorating, and writing a unique new bus song for each bus and adding to it throughout the summer!
- We hire and train our staff to ride our buses to and from camp. Each bus’s staff team works together under the supervision of a Bus Captain. Most buses will have 2-3 bus counselors on board. Bus staff are in constant communication with the camp office.
- To help campers feel prepared for their first day, we typically offer the opportunity to visit your bus stop and meet your bus staff prior to every summer. Due to the pandemic, we will determine closer to camp how we can offer this opportunity in 2021.
Parent Provided Transportation / Extended Hours
Our extended hours are available at no additional charge. Parents are welcome to drive their campers to and from camp instead of riding the bus. Camp staff are available during the following hours:
- Drop off your camper between 8:30 – 9:00am
- Pick up your camper between 3:50 – 4:30pm
Campers may arrive via bus and be picked up at camp during extended hours or vice-versa.
If you are coming to pick up your camper, please be sure to bring your ID. For directions to the site, click here.
|Bus #||Bus Stop Location||AM Bus Departs||PM Bus Arrives|
|Bus 1||Beeman Park (Milbank St. & Beeman Ave.)||8:35||4:20|
|Bus 3||Encino Elementary (Addison St. 1 block west of Balboa Blvd.)||8:45||4:10|
|Bus 4||Serrania Park (Wells Dr. east of Serrania Ave.) *Sessions 2 & 3 Only||8:50||4:00|
|Bus 7||The Commons in Calabasas (AM - Trader Joes / PM - The Commons directly across from Trader Joes)
*Sessions 1, 2 & 3 Only
|Bus 8||Lang Ranch Elementary (Sandhurst Ave. side adjacent to the parking lot) *Session 3 Only||8:55||4:00|
|Bus 11||Miller Park (Off Miller Pkwy. between New Los Angeles Ave. & Tierra Rejada Rd.) *Session 3 Only||8:50||4:05|
|Bus 12||Temple Adat Elohim (On E. Hillcrest Drive - East side of Temple parking lot next to the sanctuary) *Session 2 Only||8:50||4:05|
Final bus routes and times are determined by enrollment and are finalized at the beginning of June. On rare occasions, stop times may change by approximately 5-10 minutes between sessions, two bus stops may be combined at a nearby location or riders from one bus may be assigned to a different bus.