Quail Program (Grades 1 – 2) Copy
Quail campers are starting to gain a little more independence and learning to make decisions for themselves. They are encouraged to try new things, and new activities are introduced at each grade-level. Campers experience creative play, compromise, friendship, and sharing within a group of their peers.
Like all age groups, Quail campers will enjoy
- Six rotating activity periods each day, plus lunch, swim, and juice bars!
- A unique group theme created by their group, leading to special adventures.
- Activities like archery, arts & crafts, field sports and games, gaga, hiking, initiatives (team building activities), nature & ecology, playground sports & games (basketball, handball, tetherball, volleyball, etc.), performing arts, and swim!
- Plus the age-specific activities listed below.
- Practicing the Kinneret Roots: Independence, Teamwork, Creativity, Friendship, and Community.
Important things to know about the Quail program
- Quail campers are grouped by grade-level (entering 1st or 2nd grade in the fall).
- Quail groups are gender inclusive.
- Quail groups have 12 – 14 campers attending each day.
- Additional age-appropriate activities include building blocks, low ropes course, miniature golf, paddle boats, and sidewalk chalk.
- 1st graders also participate in the petting farm and ponies programs.
- 2nd graders continue to participate in petting farm and ponies, and also gardening.
- Quail counselors are encouraging, silly, patient, and focused on coaching positive social interactions and friendships. They are skilled at making camp both comfortable and exciting.
[Switch status= “owl”]
- and begin wilderness play.
- 3rd graders continue to participate in wilderness play and begin rock climbing and camper choice periods.
Sample Daily Schedule for a Chumash Group
|9:35am||Good Morning Mountain (morning assembly)|
|9:50am||Miniature Golf (and morning snack)
|12:15pm||Nature & Ecology|
|2:55pm||Friendship Hill (end of day assembly)|
|3:20pm||Dismissal to Buses|
Remember, all activities other than lunch, swim, juice bars, and assemblies will be different each day.